Re: JAWS 2018 QUESTION

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

You have your choice of Thunderbird, Mail (Windows built in mail app or outlook if you have office. I use Thunderbird myself. It is accessible and easy to use. I dont like the mail app in windows 10. It just isnt as easy as TB and  you have to use different apps for contacts and calender. Three seperate apps to do what Thunderbird does in one. I have Outlook but havent tried it yet.

On 11/18/2017 6:09 PM, Shirley Tracy wrote:
> sieghard, > > Thank you for telling me. I had merely written to thank those who > responded to my query about JAWS 2018. I use my internet provider's > email, logging directly into it. I don't have any other email > program. For some puzzling reason, there are times when I type in a > message and hit send, but the message doesn't go through. Or if I > compose a message and then decide to change it, the first draft may > go out instead of my revised one. But nothing works the same every > time. It's random. I usually check my sent messages--but someone > stopped by and I just assumed all went well. I can't imagine that > JAWS has anything to do with the problem. I should probably find an > email program, but don't know which one to try. Any suggestions? > Shirley Tracy > > ---- Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote: > > ============= Your message just has your name in it. > > > -----Original Message----- From: main@jfw.groups.io > [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy Sent: > Saturday, November 18, 2017 12:13 PM To: main@jfw.groups.io Subject: > Re: JAWS 2018 QUESTION > > > Shirley Tracy > > ---- Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote: > > ============= Hi Shirley, > > One feature I love about Jaws 2018 is the fact that I can now > recognize any image file with ?Convenient OCR, it is no longer just > PDF files which have to be open in Acrobat Reader. Now if you have a > Jpg or tif file you just right click on the file in Windows explorer > and choose "Recognize with Jaws" from the context menu. > > Regards, Sieghard > > -----Original Message----- From: main@jfw.groups.io > [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave... Sent: Saturday, > November 18, 2017 7:25 AM To: main@jfw.groups.io Subject: Re: JAWS > 2018 QUESTION > > No. Your JAWS 18 is already compatible with Windows 10, so installing > JAWS 2018 now will not affect that process. BTW the JAWS 2018 on the > FS web site download page is already one version higher than your > DVD. You could just as well put away that DVD for archival purposes > and just download the latest JAWS 2018 to install. > > Dave Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer > > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shirley Tracy" > <stracy5@...> To: <main@jfw.groups.io> Sent: Saturday, > November 18, 2017 06:54 Subject: JAWS 2018 QUESTION > > > Hi everyone, > > I just received my JAWS 2018 disk. I'm running Windows 7, and > currently I am using JAWS 18. Are there any benefits to installing > the new disk as opposed to just waiting until I eventually go to > Windows 10? > > Thank you for your opinions. > > Shirley > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.