Re: scrolling up a command window

David Bailes

Hi John,
if you want to read previous lines, rather that scroll the window, you can just use up arrow (and the then use down arrow to read the next line, if required) Is this not working for you?
Note that if you want to go back a long way, you may need to increase the command history buffer size. To do this: press alt+spacebar to open the window's menu, and choose properties. On the options page of the dialog, you can change the command history buffer size.

David.

David.

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 08:07 am, John Covici wrote:
Unfortunately, your method yields blank when I use up or down arrow
after selecting scroll under edit.

Thanks again.

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 05:28:54 -0500,
David Bailes wrote:

Hi John,
there are a couple of ways of scrolling using the keyboard.
The first is to use page up/down.
The second provides finer adjustment. Press alt+spacebar to open the window's menu, open the edit sub menu, and choose scroll. You can now use up/down arrows to scroll. When you've finished scrolling, press Esc to return back to the
normal mode.

David.

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 07:17 pm, John Covici wrote:

Hi. Is there any way in JAWS to scroll up past whats on the current
command window -- I want to access the scroll up arrow at the top of
the window and the scroll down arrow at the bottom.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici