From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Donahue
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 10:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Crowd Funding

Good evening everyone,

CrowdFunding is widely used throughout many segments of society including those who are employed. It is not a form of begging and is not promoted as such. Rather it could be used as a way to raise public awareness of the existence of assistive technology and what users of this technology must do to cover the cost of keeping it up.

If folks can use crowd funding to raise money for needed surgery and treatments, funding to achieve educational and vocational goals and for many other purposes why not tap into this means of creating revenue to cover the cost of buying and maintaining assistive technology. Large corporations also use crowd funding to start and grow their existing business ventures or to start new ones. No one calls them beggars.

I used to hear this kind of garbage when I was a street performer. Those making such statements about this occupation are either dead, still broke and living on public assistance, or had to move back in with mmom and dad. Mary and I tapped into various means to raise funding for the things we need without going to voke rehab or some other public assistance program and are closer to achieving financial independence. If anyone wants to start calling widely used means of raising funds for personal or business matters begging watch your step with us! Otherwise you will be asked to cover the cost of buying my wife's El Braille 40 when it comes out and upgrading our versions of Jaws. Now let's tap the crowd to raise the needed funds for keeping our assistive technology and to raise awareness of how it can benefit those with disabilities including the blind. All the best.

Peter Donahue