Re: Getting Jaws to read line Numbering in MS Word

Richard Turner

I do not know, but have you tried either calling VFO support or Microsoft Accessibility Support?
Microsoft's number is 800-936-5900

HTH,
Richard

(Sent from the iPod Touch 6)

On Nov 17, 2017, at 2:45 AM, Laura Wolk <laura.wolk@...> wrote:

Hello,

I asked this question a few months ago, but I'm trying again in a more
targeted fashion in hopes of getting an answer.

I have jaws 18, Windows 7, and Word 2010.

I work in a field that frequently requires documents to have
continuous line numbering turned on in word. Staff will often
communicate ideas about shared documents by referencing particular
line numbers in the document. I can use insert+delete to tell me the
line number of the **page**, but I cannot figure out how to get jaws
to tell me the number of the line with respect to the entire document.
Note, I know that I can use the "go to" function to go to a particular
line number, but I also need to be able to extract the information to
communicate with other people about my own ideas.

I also have a Braille display. I have status cells turned off, and I
have tried playing with turning them on to see if that would give me
the information, but that doesn't seem to be working. Any assistance
is greatly appreciated.

Laura