Outlook Crashing Issue When Entering E-mail Addresses Solved, At Least For Now

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I wanted to let you know that my Outlook 2016 address entry issue which was causing Outlook to crash has been resolved, at least for now.

I worked with Corrie from FS Support, and they are aware of the issue.

The temporary work-around is to run Outlook in safe mode.

Here are the steps for doing this:

1.  If you are in Outlook, close the program.

2.  Then, press windows R to go to the run dialog prompt.

3.  Type in outlook.exe followed by a space, and then /safe  and hit enter.

4.  Then, exit out of Outlook and go back again, and everything should function normally.

I’m not totally sure what safe mode is, but Corrie said it has something to do with eliminating add-ins that are active when Outlook is running normally.

I also asked Corrie about the problem I’m having with being unable to navigate entries in an Outlook e-mail group via the arrow keys, and he said that FS is aware of that issue as well.

He indicated that we should all stand by for future Jaws updates that will be aimed at correcting these issues.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan