From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: 10 November 2017 03:16
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws doesn't speak new output in command prompt as it appears

Win 10 changed the way this is accessed. Right now Narroator is the only screen reader that works with the new interface.
On 11/9/2017 6:19 PM, Tony Malykh wrote:
Hello listers,

I work a lot in command prompt window (also known as console/terminal)
in Windows. Some time ago, probably a few months ago, Jaws stopped
reading new output as it appears in the window. I can still get the
current line by pressing Insert+8, or I can switch to Jaws cursor and
read all the contents, but that's pretty inefficient, since I'd have
to do it for every command that I type. Is this a bug in Jaws or is
there a magic checkbox in Jaws settings that I need to check to make
it to work?

I know there is one workaround for this: turning one "Use legacy
console" checkbox in command prompt options solves the issue. That's
what I have been using so far, but now I need to use a program that
requires the new console.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thank you
Tony