Re: Question about starting JAWS automatically

Michael Mote

We’ve done that, and it works.  I’m talking about starting JAWS at the log-on screen, which comes up first.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2017 12:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about starting JAWS automatically

Place Jaws in the startup folder!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Question about starting JAWS automatically

Hi all!  I have a quick question regarding what happens when you set JAWS to start automatically.  When you set this up, does that mean that a key is written to the Windows registry.  I have a situation where I am trying to access a virtual desktop and would like it to start talking automatically.  I’m told that they do not want anything being written to the registry, because that is how malware can be spread.  Now before everyone goes crazy over that statement, I can understand that they don’t want programs writing things to the registry arbitrarily.  Their correct in wanting to protect their platform.  No one has said that JAWS is Malware.  The admins are simply trying to protect their platform.

I’m just wondering if this is truly what is happening when we set JAWS to start automatically.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mike Mote

Technology Accessibility Developer,  Human Resources

IFB Solutions

Our Vision is Working - see more at www.ifbsolutions.org

Work Phone (336) 245-5650

Mobile Phone (336) 793-6006

Shipping:  7730 North Point Dr

Winston-Salem, NC 27106

*Large font facilitates reading for people with low vision

and
'spam@...'