Re: Speaking line indentation in Jaws

Tony Malykh

Thank you, this checkbox is exactly what I needed. Now it works perfectly.

Tony

On 11/8/17, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, go to jaws settings center (jaws+6), type "indent" in the search
field and "Say indented characters" is the single result.

With that setting on you will receive announcements when the
indentation changes but not otherwise.

Note I've only used it in programs that act like text editors I have
never had need of it for the web so don't know how well it works with
browsers.

On 11/8/17, Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there a way to make Jaws speak the indent of current line? It's
very important in some languages, like Python to keep all the lines
indented correctly.

One way I was told is to change scheme by pressing Insert+Alt+s and
then select one of the indent schemes. But this doesn't work for me,
nothing happens when I select indent scheme. I tried it in Visual
Studio and notepad. I'm using Jaws 18 and the latest Windows 10. Is
there any additional configuration needed to make indent scheme
working?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
Tony