From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of rixmix2009@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 12:42 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: [Bulk] RE: [Bulk] Jaws 13 & Virtual Ribbons

It is good to get to read a few posts about ribbons.
I have tried it with them and without them, and both ways have their up
sides and down sides, for me anyway.
Figuring out when to go down arrow or up arrow or to use the tab has been a
rather confusing thing. I have managed to learn how to get to a number of
my most used commands, but too often still a need to do something comes up,
where I know the old keyboard shortcut, but have no clue where to find it in
the ribbon array.

The Jaws training files do help, however. I have benefited from taking the
time to just sit and go through them Although my nature is not to be quite
so patient. I seem to use trial and error when using the ribbons.

I am only using ribbons currently with Windows Live Mail.

I installed the XP version of Wordpad and just gave it a new icon name on my
desktop.
This might be lazy. But it works for me. And it seems to work fine.

I installed my old Office 2003 suite, and it works okay, though there do
seem to be a few bugs or what not using it.
I am going to get the 2010 version soon. I will be checking this list to see
if you other JAWS 13 users have more comments and tips to share.

Meanwhile, I'm playing the Greatest Hits (and Misses) of good old Marty
Ribbons.
Sorry.

Thanks.
Rik