Re: ocr problem

Tom Lange

Hey there Tomcat,
Before you do the Jaws repair, go to the Freedom Scientific web site, open the Downloads page and select Jaws. Near the download links for Jaws 2018, you’ll find one for FS OCR. Download that file and run x. If the install is successful, try doing the OCR again. If the installer quits and tells you that the OCR component is already there, then troubleshoot the issue. Run the repair by going to the Run dialog and yyping

“jaws2018 /type repair”

and see what happens. Not sure if I have the command syntax correct. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Tom

PS, cool e-mail address; should have thought of that when I set my GMail account way back when. Cheers!

On Nov 6, 2017, at 3:15 PM, Tom <tomcat509@...> wrote:

Thanks for your reply Randy.

As I am fairly new to Jaws, how is the repair process started?

Thanks

Tom