Re: Hello All How to tags someone on m.facebook.com ? g

Gudrun Brunot

Thanks, Cathy Anne. Very helpful.

Gudrun

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of CathyAnne Murtha
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Hello All How to tags someone on m.facebook.com ? g

While you can't make Facebook the default interface from within Email, you can make a Firefox Bookmark or MSIE Favorite to access the mobile site. With Firefox, you can even add a keyword to make access easier.

Once focused on the mobile Facebook site, there are some shortcut keys that make access easier. Before using these keyboard commands, make sure you have an option configured in the JAWS for Windows Settings Center. You need to insure "Allow web application reserved keystrokes" is toggled on.

Once you have this option enabled in Facebook, you can use keyboard commands. Precede each key with one of the following depending upon the browser you're using:
- In Firefox add ALT-SHIFT-
- In MSIE add ALT

Use these keys:
- Friends List 2
- Notifications 3
- Messages 4
- Menu list 5
- Chat 6
- Settings 7

You can quickly navigate to Notifications and use the links list to review your notifications. You can configure notifications with the "Notifications Settings" button on the Notifications page.

Activate a Notification to review the associated Facebook update. The update opens in its own page. You may want to use the Windows Application Menu to "Open in New Tab" so you can close the tab and return to the Notifications page.

I use "Open in new Tab" liberally on Facebook so I don't lose my place.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha
Access Technology Institute, LLC
cathy@...
www.blind.training
(520) 300-7859

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gudrun Brunot
Sent: Sunday, November 5, 2017 12:05 PM

Hi: Sorry if I've asked this, but is there any way to make the mobile Facebook open as the default rather than the regular Facebook when you click on an email in your Outlook in box that says something like: "David Smith shared a link," or "Carl Brown commented on your post?" This is exactly the kind of situation where you'd like to have an accessible interface. I have ignored God knows how many Facebook email messages informing me that someone I know has done something. Yes, for the sake of your sanity, you should indeed ignore some of those messages with subjects like: "has changed her status," "Has posted a photo..." But I know that someone may have tried to send me something they feel I should be aware of, would be amused by or interested in. Trying to track that nugget from Sara, John, or Uncle Ernest, one gets swamped by the regular Facebook interface, and, I finally give up on that well-intentioned post from my friend.

Gudrun

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 12:37 AM

Yes, the Mobile Facebook site is much more blind friendly than regular facebook.

The biggest reasons why, is every thing is a link, button, heading, and so on. It is set up just like a very easy to use web site that is very accessible with your screen reader’s short cut keys and so on. There is much less of everything. There are only a few articles in your news feed, and you just press:

More Stories to bring up more. There is much much less on the web page, making it so much easier to navigate and use.

The URL is:

m.facebook.com

Firefox or IE are the two best browsers to use the mobile site in.

I hope that helps.

David Moore

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 12:32 PM

I use m.facebook.com and I’ve found it to be very blind-friendly and very accessible using Jaws 18 ……

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Brown
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 10:32 AM

Is the mobile site blind-friendlier than normal Facebook?

Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2017 12:34 AM

Hi Cathy anne!

Thank you so very much. I use the Mobile site of Facebook quite a bit, and I did not know this.

It has been right under my nose LOL!

Have a great one, guys.

I have enjoyed this conversation thread!

David Moore

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, November 3, 2017 8:36 AM

Hi CathyAnne Thank you for this instruction I will try that today ,if I have problem I will let you know!!

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of cathy@...
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 8:56 PM

When you start a post on the front page of the mobile Facebook site, there is a “More” link beneath the edit field.

Activate this “More” link to open the “Create Post” page. This opens a page through which you can take actions on the post. One of the links on the page is “Tag Friends.”

The “Tag Friends” link opens a page with a search field through which you can search for friends to tag and checkboxes for each friend. Toggle the checkboxes for the friends you’d like to tag.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@... <mailto:cathy@...>

www.blind.training <http://www.blind.training>

(520) 300-7859

CathyAnne

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:52 PM

Hi Donna I need to explained to you better ,for example when I write something in edit box then I tab to post button thenwhile I’m still on profile page I scroll down to the post I send then I open it then arrow down to look for tag links so I don’t hear it then I arrow down to share links press enter it’s say share on your timeline then I press tab down where I hear add tag people I don’t want to used share post on m.facebook.com I want to tag people without share I want used tag only without share tag !! Do you understand ?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 6:27 PM

Hi Addison,

The easiest way to tag people in post is to use the at sign followed by the persons name. I'm going to use my name here so you understand. It should be written like this @Donna Casteen

Hope this is helpful.

Donna

Hello All I’m using jaws 18 on desktop with window 10 !! When I’m on m.facebook.com website when I post something then click on post button then I went to profile on my post I’m trying to tags some friend to my post without share ,but I had to press enter on share links where I arrow down to add tagged to friends press spacebar then I select some friendsthen I press enter on share button I don’t want to share ,I want to tags only where I can write something then press post button !! How can I do that on m.facebook.com ? I noticed jaws acted up on www.facebook.com webssitewhere jaws not accessible on www.facebook.com right ?

Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. <https://www..avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

Virus-free. www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.