Re: jumpy web pages

Robert Logue

Is this issue only in Chrome? Is it only on a few web pages or more frequent?

I don't have Chrome browser so don't know if you can change settings like the Firefox settings below.

Use autoscrolling

Use smooth scrolling

Use hardware acceleration when available checked

Not sure if these settings would make a difference but I've heard they can effect browser performance on some computers.

Bob

On 2017-11-01 4:32 AM, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Hi Randy: Setting refresh to never did not help.

My issue seems to be about scrolling, particularly where there pictures involved. In say all mode, as the cursor gets to the bottom of the page, there seems to be a lot of flipping going on. The reading seems to be OK except that jaws might do a little more repeating of lines already read.

Stan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 3:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jumpy web pages

Open the browser then press insert +6. Then type page refresh. Now change this to never. You will want to change it back when not on the pages that are causing you problems. This is how VFO recommends dealing with pages that update frequently.
On 10/31/2017 7:45 AM, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Listers: I am running jaws 18.0.4530, Windows 10 and Chrome browser.

Just starting today articles on the nNY Times and on another newspaper site are behaving strangely.

While in say all mode, the pages read fine but the pages are jumping all about. Of course, I can’t see to read the pages any way, but it sure is distracting to see all this jumping about.

Can I do something to stop this?

Stan

-- 
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or. 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.