Re: jumpy web pages

Brad Martin

I'll be honest; on most pages, using Addblock Plus stopped the jumpy factor for me. In most cases, what makes the pages appear to "jump" is the randomly loading and changing ads, which we usually can't read with JAWS anyway, but which totally screw up the experience. Occasionally I hit a site that doesn't load correctly because some portion of the content is perceived to be an ad, but it's rare. I couldn't live without my Adblock Plus.

Brad

On 10/31/2017 3:16 PM, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

Stan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 3:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jumpy web pages

Open the browser then press insert +6. Then type page refresh. Now change this to never. You will want to change it back when not on the pages that are causing you problems. This is how VFO recommends dealing with pages that update frequently.
On 10/31/2017 7:45 AM, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Listers: I am running jaws 18.0.4530, Windows 10 and Chrome browser.

Just starting today articles on the nNY Times and on another newspaper site are behaving strangely.

While in say all mode, the pages read fine but the pages are jumping all about. Of course, I can’t see to read the pages any way, but it sure is distracting to see all this jumping about.

Can I do something to stop this?

Stan

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett