updating your computer

marvin hunkin <startrekcafe@...>

Hi.

Okay here are the steps to do this.

Assuming you have windows 10, but this will work for windows 8.1 and windows 7.

For windows 10,

1.       Press the windows and I key which will get you to the settings app.

2.       Press the end key on your keyboard, and this will take you to update and security.

3.       If you are using jaws 2018, you can use the shift insert ; to turn on touch cursur if needed.

4.       Then tab to the check for updates or if it says the list of the update.

5.       Tab to the button says download.

6.       Use the jaws touch  and then see what progress downloading.  It will then give you speech for jaws, until it reboots.

7.       Use windows control enter to turn on windows narrator when you hear your hard disk spin up and then it will reboot several times. This took me about 5 hours and was able to turn on the scan option in narrator, for the fall update, and use the caps lock left and right arrow keys.

8.       To turn on scan mode, use the caps lock and space and will say scan mode on. Then it will say percentage and updating.

9.       Then the final reboot, will say that it is updating 100 %, then will reboot, and then go to the windows login screen.

10.   Enter your password or pin to login.

11.   Then you will hear jaws come up and the desktop.

Hope that helps. Did that on Tuesday, and about 5 pm, started at about 12:30 pm, and it fixed my windows corrupted updates issue. And then was able to get other updates like the  updates.

Hope that helps.

Marvin from Australia.cumulative