Re: throwing away jaws disks?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Oh yeah, You are right about that. It has been so long since I didnt have a internet connection that never crossed my mind. This really is a connected world now.

On 10/26/2017 1:32 PM, Joseph Norton wrote:
Actually, unless this has changed, the downloaded install file you get for JAWS has to download the OCR component during setup.

The DVD has it already on disc and so doesn't require an Internet connection to completely set up.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of netbat66
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: throwing away jaws disks?

why?
the disks are another form of backup.
what do you do if your computer crashes and windows has to be reinstalled?
even if you have the downloaded jaws files they may not be a full copy of jaws.
at least with the disks you know they are a full copy.
i don't know if you can copy the jaws disks. but i was able to copy all the window eyes files to flash drives. i just had to manually fine the setup.exe file to do a installation to a new drive. etc.