Re: inserting page numbers within word on going for 2010 through 2016

James Malone

Hi all, Van I tried the steps that you explained in word 2013, and found the insert area was different then 2010, and now my client has 2016 on her system.  does anyone out there on the list have any other suggestions I can pass on?

Thanks.

James

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Malone
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 3:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: inserting page numbers within word

Hi Van,

Thanks. This is what I needed. I also have word 2010, but my client has word 2016. I hope this works for her.

BTW, you can check by pressing Insert plus F to find out things such as Font Double spacing and so on. It will also tell you if things are centered Left or right justified.

Thanks again.

James

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: inserting page numbers within word

I’m using Word 2010.  You can do as you have asked.  Start on the first page of your document and go to the Insert Ribbon. Tab over till you hit the Page numbers button, which has a menu. With options as to where to place the page number, top of page, bottom of page, etc.  For me, the second option down is to put the page number at the bottom of the page in the footer and it has a submenu allowing you to pick the style.   For my test, I selected the third or fourth one down that said something like ‘pg. 1”.  Hit enter on the choice you want.  When you hit enter, your cursor will be placed in the documents footer at the beginning of the line.  By default, the page number for this choice was at the left edge.  I supposed part of what you are choosing on the submenu is where you want the page number to be located, e.g., left, right, center, etc.  If you arrow beyond the page number, you can add a comma or hyphen and your name.  Hit Escape to exit out of the footer.  You can also use the standard Word shortcuts of Control L to left justify, Control  E to center and Control R to right justify.  Now, each time you add pages, the footer will automatically add the page number with your name. 

I admit that I am using my bit of vision to confirm that the page numbers are as I have told you and  I don’t know the best way for you to validate your work.  Maybe using the JAWS  cursor to read the page. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Malone
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 12:39 PM
Subject: inserting page numbers within word

Hi all, Is there a way to insert a page number on a word document along with putting your name next to that page number?

Thanks.

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.