From: Cristóbal
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 5:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem trying to repair Jaws 18 before upgrading to V 2018

Well… SO I first went back and clicked on the last October JFW .exe file I had and the prompt of Jaws made changes to your computer. Restart for changes to take affect etc. Came up. I thought… … … cool maybe it’ll work after all. The PC restarted and I got the notification to modify/repair of which I selected repair. I let it do its thing. Pressed the various OK buttons and after it restarted again… … … the same reply/forward bug appeared.

So I figured, I’ll go ahead and just install the new JFW 2018 released today and as was suggested, not migrate any settings. Did the whole song and dance. Restarted the machine. Went through the startup wizard and… … … Low-and-behold, I’ve got the reply/forward bug on this new JFW version as well.

This is the only real issue I’m encountering. And on this one machine. JFW 2018 on my HP Envy laptop is working perfectly fine. At least not getting that reply/forward bug on it. Unfortunately, this is a rather noticeable bug and present on my main work desktop. Both running Office 2016/Windows 10.

I guess I’ll have to try uninstalling and reinstalling next. That will have to be with more time though.

I think someone on one of these lists said to also try removing shared components. I don’t think I want to do that… I don’t recall at the moment, but does removing shared components mean you’ll then need an activation key? I’m fairly certain that I’m currently at zero keys.

Anyway, something to worry about for tomorrow.