From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of John
Covici
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 3:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem trying to repair Jaws 18 before upgrading to V 2018

I had to do a repair which went through but did not fix my problems.
Vfo told me to uninstall including shared components which will make
things not work and to immediately install the same version.

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:36:00 -0400,
Cristóbal wrote:

[1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
[2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
Hello list,

So, I’ve been dealing with this issue since Jaws 18 was put out on
9/26/17. Along with the Outlook address thing that later got fixed, I was
having trouble when replying or forwarding message in Outlook. Arrowing down
was not possible.
Jaws would behave as though I was at the bottom of the screen. Even if I
arrowed up once and then tried going back down to the line I was previously
at, I’d encounter that same barrier. Navigating the message body of text
with the read
by paragraph or sentence commands, Jaws worked as always. It was just the
read/navigate by line that was giving me problems.

VFO tech support emailed me instructing that I should try doing a Jaws
repair. Do the copy path from my JFW .exe file and add the / type repair at
the end in the run dialog box.

As I saw that Jaws 2018 came out today, I figured I’d try to get this
resolved. I for one reason or another hadn’t had the chance to go through
with the repair, but figured I should try addressing it before upgrading to
JFW 2018.

In any event, I went through the repair process earlier today and along
with all the other typical Jaws chatter when doing an installation (I was
using a JFW.exe file from October that addressed the Outlook issue), I heard
Jaws say
something about a sentinel system driver not being copied. By the end of
the process I then got the following error message:

The JAWS setup package could not install the required component

JAWSRepair. The process will now exit.

OK

I already wrote VFO back about this, but as it’s Jaws 2018 release day, I
don’t expect a follow up any time soon as I’m sure they’ll be dealing with
all sorts of stuff related to that.

Anyone have an idea on what this is or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Cristobal

How do
you spend it?