Re: Use dictation to talk instead of type on your PC

David Moore

Hi Sandra!

The best way to find out if you have a built in mike on your computer, is to do the following:

Press the Windows key or CTRL+Escape.

Type sound into the search field.

You will hear:

Sound control panel.

Press enter.

You are in a four tab dialog to adjust your sound, mike, and other settings.

Shift+Tab, and press CTRL+Tab to get to the record Tab of this dialog.

If you have a mike on your computer, if you tab once, you will be in a list of Micraphones. The mike that is built into your computer, will say something like:

Real tech mike or some name that will let you know that you have a mike on your computer.

The others in the list, will be your headphones mike, if there is one in your headphones, and so on.

Chances are, if you can even get to this record tab in the sound dialog, you do have a mike on your computer. Laptops most likely have a microphone.

Desktops usually do not have a built in microphone.

Have a great one, and I hope you have a mike either on the computer, or in your headphones.

Take care, Sandra!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10