Re: Email problem

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

To find out if you have IMAP or POP, you must go into Accounts and Settings in whichever mail app you are using, then go into the account for your email that you are checking. Under server settings, it will tell you if your server is set to IMAP or POP.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Email problem

Hello Bill,
How do I tell if I have IMAP or POP, and how do I change 1 to the other, please?
Thank you,
Kevin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: October 23, 2017 10:50 PM

They need to be set on both machines, since the settings are withing the individual mail ap. You can have one machine set for POP and the other set for IMAP. The problem is, if you have each machine set to a different type of email protocol, you won't be able to see the same messages on both computers. You MUST have both machines set individually to IMAP for this to work. I hope this helps you.

Bill White

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 8:19 PM

Bill,

Do the settings have to be set on both machines or can they be set on one machine and it will affect the other?

How should this setting be done?

Thanks.

Marilyn

Dr. Marilyn Bland - Dallas, Texas

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 9:15 PM

It sounds as if one is now set up as a POP account, and the other is set up as IMAP. They both need to be set up as IMAP if the behavior you desire is to happen.

Bill White

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 6:58 PM

Hello all,

Please help!

I have a laptop and a desktop. It used to be that when I read emails in Outlook - whichever machine I used - whatever action I took on a specific machine would automatically be executed on the other one. So if I opened a message on one machine it would show opened on the other, delete on one and it would be gone on the other too.

Now, however, this is not happening at all. It's as if they are two separate accounts. I don't know what caused this, and I don't know how to fix it either.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Marilyn

Dr. Marilyn Bland - Dallas, Texas

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.