From: Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Use dictation to talk instead of type on your PC

Hi, Ann. There actually is a way to delete words with speech recognition as

I will show below.

Delete the previous sentence

Delete previous sentence

Delete the next sentence

Delete next sentence

Delete the previous paragraph

Delete previous paragraph

Delete the next paragraph

Delete next paragraph

Delete the selected or last dictated text

Delete that

Now I will include a large number of speech recognition commands below.

Common Speech Recognition commands

To do this

 Say this

Open Start

Start

Open Cortana

Note

Cortana is only available in certain countries/regions, and some Cortana

features might not be available everywhere. If Cortana isn't available or is

turned

off, you can still use

search.

 Press Windows C

Open Search

Press Windows S

Perform an action in an app

Right-click; Press Windows Z; press ctrl B

Select an item by its name

File; Start; View

Select an item or icon

Click Recycle Bin; Click Computer; Click file name

Double-click an item

Double-click Recycle Bin; Double-click Computer; Double-click file name

Switch to an open app

Switch to Paint; Switch to WordPad; Switch to program name; Switch

application

Scroll in one direction

Scroll up; Scroll down; Scroll left; Scroll right

Insert a new paragraph or new line in a document

New paragraph; New line

Select a word in a document

Select word

Select a word and start to correct it

Correct word

Select and delete specific words

Delete word

Show a list of applicable commands

What can I say?

Update the list of speech commands that are currently available

Refresh speech commands

Turn on listening mode

Start listening

Turn off listening mode

Stop listening

Move the Speech Recognition microphone bar

Move speech recognition

Minimize the microphone bar

Minimize speech recognition

Dictation

To do this

 Say this

Insert a new line in the document

New line

Insert a new paragraph in the document

New paragraph

Insert a tab

Tab

Insert the literal word for the next command (for example, you can insert

the word "comma" instead of the punctuation mark)

Literal word

Insert the numeral form of a number

Numeral number

Put the cursor before a specific word

Go to word

Put the cursor after a specific word

Go after word

Don't insert a space before the next word

No space

Go to the start of the sentence that the cursor is in

Go to start of sentence

Go to the start of the paragraph that the cursor is in

Go to start of paragraph

Go to the start of the document

Go to start of document

Go to the end of the sentence that the cursor is in

Go to end of sentence

Go to the end of the paragraph that the cursor is in

Go to end of paragraph

Go to the end of the current document

Go to end of document

Select the word in the current document

Select word

Select the word range in the current document

Select word range; Select word through word

Select all text in the current document

Select all

Select a number of words before the location of the cursor

Select previous 20 words; Select previous 10 words

Select a number of words after the location of the cursor

Select next 20 words; Select next 10 words

Select the last text you dictated

Select that

Clear the selection on the screen

Clear selection

Capitalize the first letter of the word

Caps word

Capitalize all the letters of the word

All caps word

Make all the letters in the word lowercase

No caps word

Change the next number of words to uppercase

Change next 10 words to uppercase

Change the next number of words to lowercase

Change next 10 words to lowercase

Delete the previous sentence

Delete previous sentence

Delete the next sentence

Delete next sentence

Delete the previous paragraph

Delete previous paragraph

Delete the next paragraph

Delete next paragraph

Delete the selected or last dictated text

Delete that

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...