Re: Jaws Sound Cutting Out

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

With a sighted person around and a copy of your sound card driver try uninstalling it and letting windows use its default driver. You will have to select the option to delete the software if that is offered. Otherwise it will just reinstall the same driver you are trying to get rid of. It usually works pretty well as it doesn't support all the enhancements.

On 10/23/2017 9:57 AM, Brice Smith wrote:
I've had the problem of JAWS sound intermittently cutting in and out
at the beginning of sentences on multiple laptops.
I think this has something to do with the enhancements/effects, or the
cheap soundcard that comes with the laptop. Tracking and fixing the
problem has always been painful - and I haven't found a universal fix
that works across machines.

With some machines, the enhancements/effects tab of the sound card is
unavailable. Even if this tab is available, you might want to
uninstall and/or reinstall some audio drivers to try and tackle the
problem. The last time this occurred, I uninstalled the Realtek audio
drivers and fixed the problem using the steps here:
https://appuals.com/enhancements-tab-missing/

On 10/20/17, Laura Wolk <laura.wolk@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I recently reinstalled Jaws 18 on a win10 machine, and the sound keeps
intermittently cutting in and out. For instance, if I scroll line by
line, the first word or so of the lines will sometimes be inaudible.
This does not seem to happen when I'm playing other sounds, such as
streaming music. I have checked my soundcard drivers using windows
update, and it tells me they are up to date. I called Freedom
Scientific, and was (shockingly) told that they had no suggestions. I
also think the problem is most acute when headphones are plugged in,
but I'm not certain about that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Laura

Another shortcut is
Control+Numpad+, that is basically Control+PC Cursor. It will bring up
the
insert menu, then Alt+r will insert an entire row, Alt+C an entire column
and you don’t even have to press the numlock for this to work.