Re: Jaws Sound Cutting Out

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

It is not working but it is still there in the startup wizard.
On 10/23/2017 5:52 AM, Melissa Stott wrote:

I didn’t think that audio ducking has been working for a while.  I remembered that they had disabled that in previous updates, but I don’t think that they had fixed it.

Melissa

From: Laura Wolk
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 7:59 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws Sound Cutting Out

Thanks, Randy. I found and disabled the sound effects checkbox in my

sound card properties, but I can't find anything in the jaws setup

wizard about audio ducking. The problem is still occurring. I will

definitely be calling FS back, but if you can give me specific

direction for where to find the checkbox in the meantime, i'd

appreciate it.

Laura

On 10/20/17, Randy Barnett <randy@...> wrote:

> Hi, make sure audio ducking is turned off.

> insert + J then help then startup wizard. Go through  the wizard and

> look for audio ducking make sure it is unchecked.

> Second go to sound.

> Windows key type sound. you may have to arrow down to get just "sound".

> then press enter.

> Highlight the default audio device. It says default after it.

> tab to Properties press enter.

> Ctrl + tab to effects or enhancement.

> tab to disable all effects or enhancements.

> Make sure it is checked. then tab to OK. press enter.

> FS shold have gone through tis with you. You may consider calling back

> and talking to a manager and explaining the sutuation and the fixes

> suggested here and ask why you were told  they had no suggestions....

> On 10/20/2017 2:22 PM, Laura Wolk wrote:

>> Hello,

>> I recently reinstalled Jaws 18 on a win10 machine, and the sound keeps

>> intermittently cutting in and out. For instance, if I scroll line by

>> line, the first word or so of the lines will sometimes be inaudible.

>> This does not seem to happen when I'm playing other sounds, such as

>> streaming music. I have checked my soundcard drivers using windows

>> update, and it tells me they are up to date. I called Freedom

>> Scientific, and was (shockingly) told that they had no suggestions. I

>> also think the problem is most acute when headphones are plugged in,

>> but I'm not certain about that.

>> Any help would be appreciated.

>> Laura

>> On 10/20/17, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

>>> Another shortcut is

>>> Control+Numpad+, that is basically Control+PC Cursor. It will bring up

>>> the

>>> insert menu, then Alt+r will insert an entire row, Alt+C an entire

>>> column

>>> and you don’t even have to press the numlock for this to work.

>>> From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van

>>> Lant,

>>> Robin via Groups.Io

>>> Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 11:10 AM

>>> To: main@jfw.groups.io

>>> Subject: Re: how to insert row in excel

>>> Even easier, Excel remembers the old menu commands in many cases. So,

>>> Insert

>>> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan

>>> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Furness

>>> Sent: October 20, 2017 10:25 AM

>>> To: main@.....io<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

>>> Subject: how to insert row in excel

>>> I created a sheet in excel 2007

>>> And need to place an additional  row

>>> But can not find how to do that.

>>> Alt I does not give me the option.

>>> Nor clicking insert after hitting alt gives me the option.

>>> What am I missing?

>>> Running windows 10, 17.o9 jaws 2018 beta 3

>>> All help is appreciated

>>> Mercy without repentance is license

>>> This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential

>>> information.

>>> It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the

>>> intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,

>>> copying,

>>> distributing or using any of this information. If you received this

>>> communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and

>>> destroy

>>> the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This

>>> communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers

>>> subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not

>>> directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any

>>> purpose

>>> other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the

>>> information.

>>> 127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

>>> If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or

>>> services

>>> from Key

>>> send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional

>>> E-mails'