Jennifer Jackson Re: off topic, Chrome Book

Carol Smith

Can anyone give me details as to how to go about setting up my brother's Chromebook? He has speech, but he can't do anything with it. He said that YouTube says he needs to find the search key and then he can use that to help him get around the screen with Vox. Unfortunately, he has noone to help him and I have no idea about Chrome.

Carol

On 10/19/2017 10:31 PM, Jennifer Jackson wrote:

Google calls that screen reader chrome Vox. You toggle it on and off with the control plus alt plus Z combination. If you are familiar with using Google Chrome on other machines, you will probably find it easier to maneuver vann I am as a new google chrome user on my laptop. I am learning this Chrome Book stuff for my son because that is what his school has him using. On Oct 19, 2017, at 9:04 PM, Carol Smith via Groups.Io <carollablady=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

Please excuse the off topic here, butt can anyone contact me about whether not a Chrome book laptop has built-in speech and if so, how does one turn the speech on? Thank you for any response.

Carol

carollablady at aol dot com