helpful PowerPoint trick I just learned

Van Lant, Robin

As an accommodation, I often get copies of the PowerPoint slides trainers or speakers are giving at work so that I can follow along using speech.  One really annoying thing for me as been presentations with lots of animations in that where bits of text get added to the slide each time I push spacebar.  Till now, my trick has been to save the file as a pdf, then read it with speech in Adobe.  However, I just learned that there is a way to temporarily turn off animation in a slideshow so that all the information shows up each time the slides are advanced.  This doesn’t help with graphics, but at least I remove the tedium of pressing spacebar and re-reading the slide each time.

If this is helpful to you, here’s the quick answer:

1.       Go to the Slide Show ribbon with Alt S

2.       Go to the button for Setup Slide show, which is the option “S”

3.       A dialog box opens.  There are a couple sets for radio button options, but you are looking for a set of checkboxes, one of which is to “Show without animation”.  Check that box and hit OK and you’re all set.

Just wanted to share this new discovery.

Robin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114