Re: Help! locked screen issue

Jennifer Jackson <jennsjackson@...>

If you can not get the caps lock to turn off, try using shift plus the letter when you need a lowercase letter. Essentially doing the opposite of what you will normally do to get a capital letter when typing.

Jennifer

On Oct 19, 2017, at 11:48 AM, Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Jonas,

Thank you for that suggestion.  I’ll try that when I get home. Is that what I will always need to do when I want caps lock to work normally in JAWS?  In Window Eyes, the default was to be caps lock unless I held it and pushed another key. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help! locked screen issue

Try pressing Capslock 2 times very fast and it will work as normal!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Help! locked screen issue

Hello,

I finally installed JAWS 18 on my home laptop yesterday – a Windows 10 HP machine.  I have it set up to require a password to log into Windows.  I had no trouble with logging in when I first installed JAWS.  However, later in the day I got around to changing the caps lock to be a JAWS key, which is how I have Window Eyes set up.  I then changed the settings to stop having Window Eyes load at start-up and, instead, have JAWS start.   Finally, I had started to update JAWS 18, per an update prompt I got from JAWS.  I didn’t think it was downloading and I thought I’d cancelled it, but later, as I was doing something else, I think I heard JAWS say that it had started the install process for the newest version.  So, I think I’m on the version I received back in July with the WE migration, but it’s possible I’m on a newer release of JAWS 18. 

So here’s the problem.  I left to make dinner and when I came back, my screen was locked.  I entered my password, but discovered that the caps lock is on and I cannot get it to release so that I can type in my password with lowercase letters.  When I press the caps lock key, it says nothing, which makes me think it’s acting as the JAWS key.  What do I do?  The thought I had on the way to work today is to shut down the laptop and see if I can get caps lock to function normally before JAWS loads.  Not sure if this will work, but that’s my only other idea.   Is this an issue for others? 

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

720-304-1060 | Robin_Van_Lant@...

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com 
and 
logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 
'spam@...'

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.