Help! locked screen issue

Van Lant, Robin

Hello,

I finally installed JAWS 18 on my home laptop yesterday – a Windows 10 HP machine.  I have it set up to require a password to log into Windows.  I had no trouble with logging in when I first installed JAWS.  However, later in the day I got around to changing the caps lock to be a JAWS key, which is how I have Window Eyes set up.  I then changed the settings to stop having Window Eyes load at start-up and, instead, have JAWS start.   Finally, I had started to update JAWS 18, per an update prompt I got from JAWS.  I didn’t think it was downloading and I thought I’d cancelled it, but later, as I was doing something else, I think I heard JAWS say that it had started the install process for the newest version.  So, I think I’m on the version I received back in July with the WE migration, but it’s possible I’m on a newer release of JAWS 18.

So here’s the problem.  I left to make dinner and when I came back, my screen was locked.  I entered my password, but discovered that the caps lock is on and I cannot get it to release so that I can type in my password with lowercase letters.  When I press the caps lock key, it says nothing, which makes me think it’s acting as the JAWS key.  What do I do?  The thought I had on the way to work today is to shut down the laptop and see if I can get caps lock to function normally before JAWS loads.  Not sure if this will work, but that’s my only other idea.   Is this an issue for others?

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

720-304-1060 | Robin_Van_Lant@...

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114