Re: messaging or texting apps for windows

Portia Mason

True but I a lot of apps now and I don't have enough space for it.

Portia

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: messaging or texting apps for windows

Why would you need storage to have your Dropbox app? On mobile devices your Dropbox content is not downloaded tro the deviced unless you specifically tell it to download certain files. All you need is a few Megs to install the Dropbox app which then let's you access your files via WiFi or cellular data.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Portia Mason via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:39 PM

I was curious since there may be times I need to send a file to someone and need to use my email client to do this.
I don't have drop box on my android since I don't have enough storage on it to run it.
Portia

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:34 PM

I'm curious, for somebody who has an iPhone or other smartphone, why would I want to go through so much trouble in terms of looking up somebody's number to find out who their carrier is and then send them a text message via email to which they can't reply? Why not just text them via your iPhone or Android phone since most likely you would want to receive a reply.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:54 PM

Portia, to obtain which carrier is associated with the cell number, go to:
http://www.freesmsgateway.info/

and enter the number to lookup the carrier.

to send a text, launch your email client, start a new message, and for the to field, type the 10 digit cell number (without the number 1 that normally precedes the area code or dashes) the at sign, and the email address provided by the free SMS gateway lookup, and type in a brief subject and message up to 160 characters and send it as usual.

the information continuely changes from time to time, but these guys keep their database info up to date, so there's less of a chance that it won't work.

"hey, it doesn

-------- Original Message --------
From: Portia Mason via Groups.Io [mailto:knitangelpm=yahoo.com@groups.io]
Sent: Wednesday, Oct 18, 2017 2:03 PM EST
Subject: messaging or texting apps for windows

Are there any apps that are usable on the laptop or pc for texting phones? i use to use yahoo messenger for this but I have not used it in a long time and do not wish to install it since I tried it one time on my laptop and was not happy with the enterface of the application on my laptop. If anyone has any suggestions how I can do this, please share.
Thanks!

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.