Re: Ripping a CD

As a side note, that use of percentages for the bit rate is a side effect of JAWS because the control used to set the bit rate is a slider.  I do not know what the "under the hood" issues are with making a slider actually announce what gets displayed as you slide it, rather than always using percentages, but JAWS has been using the percentage convention for a very long time now for a lot of things that are not percentages.   In this particular case with bit rate:

0% is 128 Kb per second

33% is 192

66% is 256

and 100% is 320

As far as I'm concerned, if it were at all possible, JAWS or any screen reader should announce the value "being slid" not how far along the slider range you are unless that's actually what's pertinent.

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker