Re: outlook meeting request,

david

Hello Kane;
Thanks for your response,

I went on Google and found the following,
You may find this helpful.

here's some comprehensive instructions on outlook meeting requests,
according to my research, it says, outlook2016, however, I suspect it would work with the earlier versions. give it a try, and let me know.

Quickly read meeting requests and respond to them in Outlook 2016 by using keyboard shortcuts and a screen reader.

Note: This topic assumes that JAWS users have turned off the Virtual Ribbon Menu feature.
to make sure the virtual ribbon feature is turned off in jaws,

1, open outlook,

2, press insert+v=quick settings,

3, type the word virtual
jaws will say found 2 results,
so down arrow until you hear jaws say,
virtual ribbon, if it is checked,
press the spacebar to uncheck.
if it isn't checked, press escape to get out.
if the box was checked and you did press the spacebar to uncheck, again, press the escape key twice, to get out, or, you can simply press the enter key twice.

Accept a meeting request from the message list

1. In the Message List box, place the focus on the meeting request.

2. To read the meeting request, press F6. The focus moves to the Reading pane, and you hear the message being read. To move through the message, use the
arrow keys.

3. To move back to the meeting request in the Message List box, press Shift+F6.

4. Press numeric keypad star (or Shift+F10). The group menu opens, and you hear “Right-click menu, Group menu.” To accept or decline, use
these shortcut keys:

• To accept, press C, C, and then Enter.

• To decline, press E, Enter.

• To accept tentatively, press N, Enter.

5. The Microsoft Outlook dialog box opens with the focus on the OK button and, depending on your selection, you hear “This meeting has been accepted,”
“This meeting has been declined,” or “This meeting has been tentatively accepted.”

6. To edit your response before sending, send your response now (the default selection), or choose not to send a response, use these shortcut keys:

• To edit the response before sending, press E.

• To send the response now, press S.

• To choose not to send a response, press D.

7. Tab to the OK button, and press Enter.

Open and accept a meeting request

1. In the Message List box, place the focus on the meeting request.

2. To read the meeting request, press F6. The focus moves to the Reading pane, and you hear the message being read. To move through the message, use the
arrow keys.

3. With the meeting request opened, press Alt+H. The Meeting tab opens, and you hear “Upper ribbon, Meeting tab.” (In Narrator, you hear “Meeting window.”)

4. To accept or decline, use the shortcut keys:

• To accept, press C.

• To decline, press N.

• To accept tentatively, press J.

5. When you hear “Menu, Edit the response before sending,” to select your response, use the shortcut keys:

• To edit the response before sending, press E.

• To send the response without editing, press S.

• To choose not to send a response, press D.