Re: Ripping a CD

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 10:38 am, Randy Barnett wrote:
This is why I figured she had a non comercial burned disk or something.
Well, I presumed complete beginner.   If the situation you describe is the case then my approach is always just to rip it first then do the cleanup on the files ripped afterward.   It's been a very long time since I last had to do this, but if memory serves, audio CDs that WMP cannot find media information for will end up under the "Various Artists" folder and get some sort of generic title like "Album 1".  I find it a grand PITA to try to do the track name creation in WMP so after I get to the folder for Various Artists I just rename the folder for the album I just ripped to something that makes sense to me, then I open that folder and go track by track and rename the individual files.  I find file explorer much easier to use for that task.

Others will, however, prefer to do it in WMP.   It's been so long since I've done that for any reason I can't even begin to describe the process.  I'd have to get a mix CD that someone made for me and try it again.

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker