Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

Well, we’re getting pretty far off topic here. But I don’t see why you’d need multiple copies of Office. If you’ve already got it running on your Windows system, then just use it on your Windows system.

There are some tasks that non-Windows systems are better suited for. Setting up a web server, for example, is tons easier on a Mac or Linux machine than on a Windows system, in my experience. I find that the benefit of using the right computer for a project far outweighs the cost of learning different operating systems.

Your mileage may vary.
-Paul

On Oct 15, 2017, at 7:10 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

Why would you want to spend the money and time learning and running two totally different OS's?Nothing between the two are compatible. You would have to buy two versions of your software. Windows for instance would be a 100.00 purchase then Office for each OS and so on. Just doesnt make sense to me. :) Not saying that that matters People are free to do as they please! :)
Just wondering. ;)
On 10/15/2017 6:04 PM, Paul Martz wrote:
maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run both Mac OS X and a second (or third) operating system via Bootcamp or parallels. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you buy a Mac, wipe it, and run Windows as the sole OS.
-Paul

On Oct 14, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

What is the reason for buying a Mac? If you just want too run windows on it you will spend way more money going this route and wont see any better performance.
On 10/14/2017 10:20 AM, Owais Patel wrote:
Hi there everyone. Thanks for answering my question. If I get a Mac and install Jaws on the Windows side how can I make my keyboard work like a Pc? Or would you recommend to get a Microsoft Keyboard? What would you say about the Touch screen Support in Jaws with regards to the Mac? Is it sensitive enough and if I get the Mac with a Touch Bar what is the recommendation in this situation for installing Jaws?

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.