Re: Figured out solution to JAWS poor speech clarity/quality on new Asus laptop running Windows 10. USB sound card that cost $8,39 on Amazon!

Soronel Haetir

It actually makes sense to me that jaws would have problems, music and
video simply off-loads produced audio onto the sound card, and doesn't
have other processing going on. Jaws on the other hand is continuing
to actually produce (rather than just decompress) even during
playback. If you've ever done a say all with eloquence with a long
page you will likely notice a point where the speech rate picks up
remarkably, that is the point where jaws has finished producing audio
and only has to 'play' it.

On 10/11/17, Tim Ford <ttford@gmail.com> wrote:
Movies play just fine and music plays just fine with the onboard sound
card.
I think it is just something like what SoundBlaster experienced, it is the
driver, and why it pops up as a JAWS issue (actually I think the problem is
related to Eloquence), is some cause that nobody has identified as the
culprit, so they don’t know what to go looking to fix.

I am happy, especially the $8.39 price tag!

Tim Ford