From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Saturday, October 7, 2017 5:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS 17 with Windows 10 File Explorer search box, how to access the document results text display window?

Hi All,

When I am in Windows 10 File Explorer (used to be called Windows Explorer), I use control plus e to open the search box.  I get the results I wanted, but I cannot figure out how to get to the segment of the screen where it shows part of the actual text of each document.  I can get the text read by using the JAWS command to read current line, but you have to catch it all on the fly.  I would like to be able to get into that display box and be able to navigate the text.

I realize I can use the JAWS speech history feature, insert plus space bar, then h, but it would be easier if there were a direct way for JAWS to navigate that display pane text.

Any ideas?

Just to be clear, I am looking not for file names, but whether a document has the actual word(s) I enter in the text of the document.  My need is to be able to make such a search in one pass on a folder with subfolders that have several hundred documents.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Tim Ford