Re: latest Firefox and latest Jaws

Gerald Levy

Has anyone successfully tested Firefox 57 with JAWS 2018 beta?  And will add-ons like Webvisum, Plain Old Favorites and Navigational Sounds work in FF 57?

Gerald

Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2017 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: latest Firefox and latest Jaws

The latest JAWS 2018 public beta release includes enhancements needed to support the new version of firefox.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Saturday, October 7, 2017 7:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: latest Firefox and latest Jaws

Some users on another list have suddenly started experiencing serious problems with Firefox and JAWS, but it is not clear what the cause is.  They have reported that web browsing has suddenly slowed down significantly, and some web pages will not load at all.  And they cannot even close Firefox once it has been opened, forcing them to perform a hard shutdown and reboot in order to restore things to normal.  It is possible That these users were automatically updated to FF 57, which has apparently undergone some major structural changes that may affect its compatibility with screen readers.  So I suggest sticking with FF 52 and avoid updating to FF 57.

Gerald

Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2017 1:51 AM

Subject: latest Firefox and latest Jaws

Hi,

Is the latest Firefox, version 57 I think,accessible with the recently released Jaws 18.0.4321? 

My current F F version is around 52 and thought it would be worth checking before updating especially now that Jaws 18.0.4321 has been installed.

If not, is the latest FF accessible with the soon to be released Jaws 2018?

Thanks

Tom

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.