Sent: 24 September, 2017 9:30 PM
Subject: text columns in word questions; and proofreading schemes.

Hi guys:

I have two questions;
1.  regarding text columns:
back sometime ago, there was discussion on this list on how to read text columns within a word doc;
(e.g. two text columns);
The response on handling such matters was to use the control arrows whilst arrowing through a doc,
Although this might be a solution in some instances,
what if I am reading the doc straight through, say a legal case as the other fella suggested?
One would not sit there and arrow line-by-line through a case; for this would be non-efficient and imppractical.
Any ideas?

2: regarding proofreading speech schemes:
I have delved into using proofreading schemes and have noticed a “strange but maybe neat ” phenomenon;

It seems that when using one of these schemes, (e.g. attributes, font, and colors);
jaws when encountering either bold or italics, the voice will change from “read” to “huge harry” or something similar thereof;
However,
when encountering changes in color or font,
jaws merely says the new color or font in a different voice but then immediately reverts back to default voice when reading the actual text.
Example:
am reading along and color of text is black on white;
Let’s say I changed some text to “red fur rule”,
I would like jaws not only to change to the voice when he says “red” but I wish for him to stay in that mode and read all the red text in that voice;
when the color of text changes back to black then jaws should default back to his regular voice.

I know this is a lot, but I don’t know any other way to ask these questions?

I hope I haven’t confused anyone with these ramblings?

If anyone has any ideas, ph: 618 783 9331 for more in depth instructions on how to accomplish this?
Please advise further.

Sincerely Yours,

Mike M.
[ph: 618 783 9331.]