From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Strange occurrence turning on the computer

Adventure, yes. I don't know about the glorious part.

lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 9/21/2017 2:17 AM, Angel wrote:
Of course it is more difficult for us blind individuals to do every
day things. But, that isn't new for us blind people. It is more
difficult, because sighted people believe blindness is a tragedy, to
be avoided. Rather than a glorious adventure. Which is experienced by
we who are fortunate to be so. Can you imagine the problem solving
skills we must develop. To accomplish even some simple things? Which
improves our intelligence, and creative abilities? Because they feel
so, they fear blindness, and make all they do visually oriented.
Their world moves so rapidly. Without a thought for us. Or that we
might need to keep up. When we first began selling the idea of
accessible smart phones, we pointed out, and rightly so, the
distinct advantages for sighted smart phone users to use the
accessible screen reader. Built in to their phones. Do they use
these features. I don't mean serie, I mean voice over. They do not.
Why is this, I ask? It is because they would have to face a steep
learning curve. Yet, many of us scale that curve. With less effort.
Than we might have believed. Every day, I am astonished at the number
of hurtles I overcome. I didn't believe I could have performed. I am
constantly amazed at the enormous intelligence demonstrated by blind
people who share the lists to which I belong.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Barnett"
<randy@...>