Re: How to get Dec-TALK Express to work with JAWS Version 14 and later versions

Shai

Hello Dave,
Are you sure that you are using the correct com port for the DecTalk?
Have you attempted to restart JAWS? What occurs when you attempt to
find it in the voice adjustment dialog? I am using the latest version
of JAWS with a DecTalk Express on a Windows10 64bit. I am using it
with a serial to USB cable. I find that this set up works well, but
that once in a while on a web page JAWS will crash and I will need to
restart it.

On 9/21/17, Dave Durber <d.durber@...> wrote:
Hello everyone:

I Have installed Windows 7 Professional 32 BIT on a PC.

I have a DEC-TALK Express external synthesizer which I would like to use
with JAWS Version 14., with a view to using it with the latest version of
JAWS in Windows 10 32 BIT, if the latest Version of JAWS will support this
synthesizer.

I connected the DEC-TALK Express to the on-board serial port. I used the
Synthesizer and Braill Manager in JAWS 14, to add the DEC-Talk Express
Synthesizer. However, when I accessed the Synthesizer Submenue, under
Utilities in JAWS 14, the DEC-TALK Express is not listed.

What do I have to do in order for JAWS 14 to send the speech output to the
DEC-TALK Express and to have the said synthesizer to appear in the list of
added synthesizers?

Thank you in anticipation for any and all suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber