Re: Strange occurrence turning on the computer

Angel

Of course it is more difficult for us blind individuals to do every day things. But, that isn't new for us blind people. It is more difficult, because sighted people believe blindness is a tragedy, to be avoided. Rather than a glorious adventure. Which is experienced by we who are fortunate to be so. Can you imagine the problem solving skills we must develop. To accomplish even some simple things? Which improves our intelligence, and creative abilities? Because they feel so, they fear blindness, and make all they do visually oriented. Their world moves so rapidly. Without a thought for us. Or that we might need to keep up. When we first began selling the idea of accessible smart phones, we pointed out, and rightly so, the distinct advantages for sighted smart phone users to use the accessible screen reader. Built in to their phones. Do they use these features. I don't mean serie, I mean voice over. They do not. Why is this, I ask? It is because they would have to face a steep learning curve. Yet, many of us scale that curve. With less effort. Than we might have believed. Every day, I am astonished at the number of hurtles I overcome. I didn't believe I could have performed. I am constantly amazed at the enormous intelligence demonstrated by blind people who share the lists to which I belong.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Barnett" <randy@soundtique.net>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: Strange occurrence turning on the computer

Only if you can see... There are sighted people here that will tell us
everything is so much better than it ever was for accessibility. Ha! It
is harder and harder to do alot of every day things...
On 9/20/2017 1:31 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I don't hear Overlay, but I just about 99 times out of 100 have to press Windows+D to get to my Desktop. There are so many more burdens with 10 and Outlook than when I had XP and Outlook Express. I have to play all kind of tricks on Outlook. Sometimes my Sent column will say zero, and there is nothing there, so I have to exit, come back in, and there they are. When I come in and a few times during the day I have to press Control+Y and 4 to go to 4carolyna@windstream, then Control+y and I to go to my Inbox, then Alt+Tab to get any new emails. I always thought that the newer things were supposed to be easier, more convenient - not so.

Best from,

Carolyn