Re: Follow up web browsing question in JAWS 18

Shan Noyes

Hi:

When you are on a web page and in virtual cursor mode various keys do different things

e.g.

letter u jump to next unvisited link

letter v jump to the next visited link

letter e jump to the next edit box

letter g jump to next graphic

letter c jump to next combo box

letter x ump to next checkbox

there are others.  best approach is go to a web page and switch into the keyboard help insert plus number 1 from top row of key board and this way you can experiment and hear what the keys do and nothing will happen.  remember the insert plus 1 key is a toggle and will turn of the key board help.

of course if you use the shift key on any of thecommands instead of moving down the page to the next element, it will move upwards.  and when you hit the bottom element it jumps to the top of the page.

Have a good day.

Shan Noyes

letter u

Shan Noyes and guide dog Danson

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:53:28 +0000, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:

sorry Patrick, I did not find any quick key to move to a link regardless
if it was visited or not. the only way is pressing the insert+f7 as
previously mentioned.