Re: Visual Studio and JAWS

Soronel Haetir

The only scripts you need are included with jaws.

You do, however, need to associate those scripts with visual studio.

To do so add the following lines to the confignames.ini file found in
the jaws user script directory:
; Visual Studio Professional/Team Foundation version 2013
devenv:12=Visual Studio 2010
; Visual Studio 2015 (all editions)
devenv:14=Visual Studio 2010
; Visual Studio 2017 (all editions)
devenv:15=Visual Studio 2010

At this point you could instead add the following single line instead:
devenv=Visual Studio 2010

It has been a long time since there were actually different scripts
for different versions of VS.

On 9/16/17, Robbie Curtis <essence64@triad.rr.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am getting ready to learn some programming in C# and will be using
Visual Studio. My question is what will I need to do to get started
using Visual Studio? Are there special scripts I need in order to use
it? If it is not accessible, are there other IDEs that I can use to
complete assignments? I am using JAWS 15 and Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Are there any groups for blind programmers?

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@triad.rr.com

--