Re: crossword puzzles warning about file

Don H

Was this file a .exe file?  Windows will always warn about downloading a .exe file.  Doesn't mean that the file is bad just be aware of where you got it and if you are confident that it is from a safe source.  Once you download it may be a good idea to run a virus can on the file before installing it.

On 9/15/2017 12:14 PM, Stan Holdeman wrote:
Hi Mario: When I downloaded the crossword install file, I got a warning that this file might be harmful to your computer.

Why this warning?

Stan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:00 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: crossword puzzles

Stan, check out http://www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au/bgcrossword.htm

and if you want to check out what other games are available, visit
http://www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au/bggames.htm

the games are free for anyone to download and play. be aware that the
games are self voicing, so your screen reader will have to be silenced
unless you want to hear two voices. the help document contains the
directions and can be accessed within the game or externally (it's an
HTML file that opens in a browser). there may be a couple of
instructions for the version of Windows you intend to use when
installing the game, and you can email the programmer with problems you
experience or questions if the help document doesn't answer; the games
are mostly bug free and straight forward.

I think he still will email you with notifications of new games that
become available or improvements for a specific game you downloaded if
you provide your email address.