Thanks for getting back, Shane

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On September 15, 2017 8:35:59 AM "Tim Grady" <timfgrady758@...> wrote:

Here’s the deal.  Since you use jaws there’s nothing easier but do exactly this.  Uninstall kodi.  Uninstall the screenreader.  Install kodi 16.1.  Install the reader.  Run kodi and wait for about a minute for it to get everything loaded.  You should be sitting on an ok button.  Just hit enter and you will be in the kodi interface.  Now the 16.1 interface is a little different then the 17.04 interface so here I’ll get a little general but if you don’t mind hunting around you can find it.  I think under system in 16.1 look for settings.  Find addons.  Hit enter on it  Go down until you see my profile.  I you don’t see that you might see services.  Hit enter on that and if you haven’t installed anything else then arrow down once and you’ll see kodi screenreader enabled.  Now here is where you can update their reader from 1.03 to 1.07 if you’re depending on the kodi reader and sapi engine.  But if you’re using a screenreader like jaws or nvda what you do is arrow down until you see configure and hit enter.  Arrow down once and you should see something like default tts engine.  Hit enter on that and arrow down to whatever screenreader you are using and hit enter.  Arrow down until you hear ok and hit enter.  Hit s and you should be in the exit menu on the shutdown option.  Hit enter and wait a few seconds.  Start kodi and see if it works.  If it does then exit and just install 17.04 over top of it.  Don’t forget to enable unknown sources as soon as you get into 1704.  It doesn’t affect the reader at all, but might not import some of your addons.  Also remember that even though you are using another screenreader to handle the speech you’re using the kodi screenreader for commands, so you can’t use say jaws commands.  Remember also you need your screenreader running when kodi is running or you won’t hear speech.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shane clark
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2017 4:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Questions on Kodi 17.4.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to update those who are in this thread regarding my latest Kodi venture. Unfortunately from where I sit, nothing has changed. Today, I uninstalled version 16.1, then installed 17.4. I booted it up, and navigated it with the arrow keys, and everything seemed like it was okay as far as Kodi running on my laptop. I then called the Microsoft disability desk, and they help me with the installation of the screen reader, which I already had on my computer. But what they did was, they updated it for me to 1.07. And as soon as the tone began to play, I heard the screen reader say window, then Kodi crashed. We launched it again, with the same thing happening every other time we did it, Kodi still crashed.

I think Tim, said that on his end of things, once he updated the screen reader to 1.07, and installed 17.4, all was golden. And by the way, we did also check the check box that said allow unknown sources, as well as updated my Windows 10 to the latest version which is the creator version I believe, still with no luck. So at this point, I am completely out of Things to try.

For those that are still running 16, what add-ons are you using to find that you still get the most functionality out of? Or arevyou using a particular build that is still catering to 16. It is my concern, and I may have expressed this before, but the Developers of Cody, May be developing all add-ons and builds towards 17, and if this doesn't get resolved, we as blind people are going to be left behind. I've already written into the Kodi Forum, but have really gotten no response other than from a few people to say well you should stick with 16 if it works for you. So if anyone has any other suggestions as what to try with 17.4, Feel free to chime in.

Shane.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On September 4, 2017 12:35:26 PM "Chris" <chrismedley@...> wrote:

Nope, program still crashes after installation of the kodi screen reader add-on om kodi 17.4

Which ever way you install it, through the kodi repo, via zip or the installer