From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2017 11:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jfw and firefox

Tom, are you still getting the alert if you want to save the password?
I think this is what Bill was referring to in his suggestion:

quote
ALT plus R, followed by R tells Firefox to remember the password.

ALT plus N followed by N says: No, don't remember the password.
end quote

as for the UAC dialog popping up when starting Firefox, I'm not really sure as I haven't experienced this problem before.
I can suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, and even downloading it from the website first, but this time running the installer as the admin to see if that keeps the UAC at bay. but if it still pops up, maybe there's another thing to try, if you want to keep trying, or someone else monitoring this problem has a solution?