From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel 2016 is no longer crashing

...sounds like MS has fixed their previous update.

Dave

but thought I try it and to my surprise it went to Tuesday, August 29, 2017
and Excel did not crash.
I opened a new Excel file, typed in a bunch of values in 3 or 4 fields,
added them up and everything was fine.
I wonder if Microsoft pushed out an update which fixes the issue? Not sure
how to check when the last Office update was, but needless to say I am
delighted that I apparently can work in my Excel file again on my Windows 7
PC which also has my Sage 50 accounting software on it.
Accessibility in so many ways is making big forward strides, but in other
ways it's the opposite. Yesterday I finally finished setting up a new
Windows 10 PC at my retail store and finally managed to get it to see the
other Windows 7 computers on the network and to let me save to my main file
storage drive on one of these Windows 7 PC's. Then I installed Sage 50 on
that PC only to find out I can't use this accounting package which I have
been using since it was Bedford Accounting for DOS back in 1991. On my
Windows 7 PC's I can work with it efficiently and quickly, but I have to use
the Jaws cursor for a number of things. In Windows 10 even the main program
screen where you select whether you want to use the General ledger, do bank
reconciliation, set up a supplier, use the purchases or payments journal
etc. does not read anything. I can still get around that because I know I
have to tab 5 times after it opens to get to the General journal, 6 times
for reconciliation, 8 times for Purchases etc. Unfortunately when I enter an
invoice everything works great until I want to check the total which I have
to do using the Jaws cursor. It reads almost nothing and definitely not what
I need it to read. Also, sometimes after I enter an invoice I might be off
by a cent or two due to rounding errors with tax calculations and I then
have to go to the tax amount for one of the items I am entering which is
only possible with the Jaws cursor, double click it and then I can manually
change it. No such luck on Windows 10 and while I was hoping to soon upgrade
all my computers to Windows 10 at work right now I just don't know what I
should do. Well, I guess I do know, I can't upgrade if I can't use this
accounting software and I was not planning to spend hundreds and hundreds of
Dollars right now to change to something like Quick Books and buy the
expensive scripts for it. Those last few weeks have been a real mess.
Anyways, I just hope my apparent success using Excel is not some odd thing
and that soon it will go back to being what it was for the last two weeks.

Regards,
Sieghard