Re: Office 2016

Ward Dudley

The JAWS Virtual Ribbons is a good help to some.  Was for me.

Ward

On 8/30/2017 6:59 PM, D wrote:

Ah thanks, these pages are very helpful, I found lots of key commands.

Any advice for learning more about windows 10 and JAWS 18?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 2016

A few suggestions:

Microsoft have very good lists of keystrokes available for all of their Office applications. These can be found on their Web site. Just make sure you locate the references for the correct version of each of the programs (i.e., the Windows 2016 version).

You can find some of what you need by navigating and familiarizing yourself with the ribbons. However, some functions are found deep within multiple layers of dialogs. You can try the Alt+q command within Microsoft Word, Outlook and possibly other MS-Office programs, which lets you search the available functionality by entering key words. If this doesn’t help, I often find that it’s faster to perform a Web search using my preferred search engine to find an article describing what I’m looking for than it is to locate it within the complex menu structures of Microsoft Office applications.