Re: Office 2016

Tim Ford

Hi Diane,

What I am suggesting is that your office would function just fine with you on an older version of Office; the file systems are completely compatible.  I would approach your technology folks, since they would be the ones who would need to say this was okay.  I am sure they will, unless there is some issue I am not familiar with.  I would sure ask.  If they approve it, your office will save the cost of an upgrade license.  If you want to chat about this off-list, my email is ttford@....  I have some background in the issues you are facing, and it is often just something that was not thought of when your office decided to upgrade.

Windows 10 and JAWS 18 will to be a problem with Office 2010 or 2013.

So before you spend a lot of time learning how to use 2016 with JAWS, why not just ask?  I suspect they will be fine and simply never thought to check with you.  For sighted folks, the differences are not as much of an issue since the visual layout is supposed to be somewhat intuitive.  So they do not realize just how much extra effort you will spend, and probably for no benefit at all, other than being able to say you can operate 2016.  That may be a goal in itself, but if not, consider the above.

Tim Ford

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of D
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 2016

Yes, I am using windows 10, Office 2016 and JAWS 18 for work so stuck with these options.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: Office 2016

Hi Diane,

Do you need to use Office 2016?  I tried 2016 when I upgraded to Windows 10, and found that Word was hardly recognizable in terms of how things worked with JAWS.  I went back to Office 2010, 2013 would also be what you are used to.  Just a thought, since the Word files are totally compatible between those versions, so it would not bother anyone using 2016 with you using 2010 or 2013.  If I am wrong on this, more knowledgeable folks on this list will probably have the answer.

Tim Ford

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of D
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:01 PM
Subject: Office 2016

Hi everyone,

I am new to this group and new to JAWS 18 & Office 2016.  I am needing tutorials or guides to get me up and running on these. I was using 2010 with JAWS 15 so I have a lot to learn J

Thanks much for any information you can share with me,

Diane

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.