Re: Which internet browser do you prefer and why?

Vaughan Dodd

We have to remember that Microsoft trashed accessibility for the Edge browser which comes with
Windows 10.  Edge replaces internet Explorer, which is now legacy.

I'm expecting huge progress from Freedom Scientific regarding Edge for the next major release of Jaws.

But: to your specific question: Chrome is pulling ahead of Firefox as far as I am concerned.  But there isn't a clear winner.

Install both, and if a site fails on specific features with one browser, go to the alternative.

Vaughan.

On 8/28/2017 6:10 AM, Nickus de Vos wrote:
Hi all
When I had Windows 7 I always used Internet Explorer as my main browser, though from time to time I also used Firefox a bit.

Now with Windows 10 it feels to me like Internet Explorer isn’t quite cutting it for me anymore. It’s often slow and sluggish and it also crashes from time to time giving all sorts of errors.

I think it’s time to try something else and switch over to that as my primary browser.
I haven’t tried Chrome yet, but from what I understand it’s also accessible with Jaws these days and I know Firefox is also accessible. So my question, which of the 2 do you prefer to use and why? Which do you find most accessible and easier to use?

Thanks

Nickus