From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Disabling "copyright" symbol in Word 2016

Hi Margaret,

There's two ways you can do this. First is easy but has to be done repeatedly, second is more long-winded but fixes it for good.

Easy way: whenever you do this and JAWS says "copyright", press Backspace once. When you press the right parenth key, Word changes what you've typed into the copyright symbol and JAWS echoes this. pressing Backspace immediately undoes the change.

More long-winded way: Press Alt, F, T to open the Options dialogue.

DownArrow to Proofing

Tab to AutoCorrect Options and press Enter to open the AutoCorrect dialogue

You should be in an edit area. Type (c), that's left parenth c right parenth

Tab to the Delete button and press it

OK out of both dialogues

You should find now typing (c) doesn't give you a copyright symbol at all.

Hope that helps,

Steve