Re: Jaws not finding content in word 2016

Dr. Aleksander Pavkovic <a.pavkovic@...>

Of course, you can use it in text editors or word processors as well, but it will work reliably only within the current screen. It is sometimes useful, though, because it brings the cursor directly to the search result, no need to close the search window. However, I never use it in Word or editors.

Regards,

Aleksander

Von: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] Im Auftrag von Pablo Morales
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. August 2017 14:30
An: main@jfw.groups.io
Betreff: Re: Jaws not finding content in word 2016

So, it means that insert + control + f  it is not a function to be used on word or text strings/documents?

So I should understand that insert + control + f it is to be used on dialogs, but not on text strings?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dr. Aleksander Pavkovic
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws not finding content in word 2016

Quite simple, Pablo: there are many situations where there is no native search function (in Windows dialogues, for instance).

Von: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] Im Auftrag von Pablo Morales
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. August 2017 14:10
Betreff: Re: Jaws not finding content in word 2016

Hi Aleksander,

I don’t understand something  here. For what reason FS is going to invest time and money developing a function like insert + control + F , if the native  word function Control + F  works better?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dr. Aleksander Pavkovic
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:55 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws not finding content in word 2016

Hi Pablo,

as far as I know, JAWS search (Insert+CTRL+F) in Word or all program windows except the web-like ones (browser, PDF) only searches for strings on the current screen. Therefore, CTRL+F works better there because by default, this function searches for the string in the entire document.

Best regards,

Aleksander

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. August 2017 13:49
Betreff: Jaws not finding content in word 2016

Hi all,

The following problem is happening on 3 different computers running Jaws 18 last release on windows 10, and word 2016 office 365.

When I have a word document opened, and I press insert + control + F to find a string. When I press enter to start the find function, 90% of the times jaws says, string not found.

However I know that that string is there so I try to use the word find function, pressing control + F, then I press enter.

Yes, using the find function on word, I am finding strings that jaws  is not able to find.

What is happening here? Why the find function  in jaws is not working consistently?

Thanks for all,

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.